Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dancing with the stars

Einstein and I are taking dance lessons. I found a good deal on two months of lessons, and I told him that it was now or never.

When we first started dating, he showed up at closing time at the library where I worked, rolled down the windows on his car, pulled me close and started dancing. Between the streetlights, the fog and Old Blue Eyes on the radio, it was pretty darn romantic. Unfortunately, neither of us know how to dance.

Until now! We are learning, slowly but surely. We're having a really great time. We are going to miss a few of our classes because he is not exactly working what I would call 'regular' hours, but for the most part it has been a fun way to spend one evening a week.

All of this thinking about dancing made me realize how romantic Einstein was when we first got together. I usually end those types of thoughts with "He never does anything like that now!" but today, I was replaying our dance class, thinking about that first dance in the parking lot almost 8 years ago, and all I could think was how much I love him, and how much I appreciate all of the wonderful things he does and has done for me.

The next time I'm frustrated with him, I'm going to try to remember this feeling.

1 comment:

Solitary Wind Chime said...

Those kinds of thoughts get me through military separations too. I find them the most comforting sometimes.