Sunday, January 31, 2010

Violent movies

Does anyone else have a hard time watching military movies? I can't watch military movies. Or really any violent movies. I do okay with unrealistic movies ("Stealth", anyone?) but anything that is remotely realistic, I just can't watch.

Which is unfortunate, since realistic, violent, military themed movies are some of Einstein's favorites. But I can't even be in the same room if one is on.

I also get sick of making excuses for why I don't want to watch things, whether we are over at someone's house or trying to pick a movie to go see in the theater. I just can't handle it. If I do end up watching something, I have nightmares for a week or so afterwards.

I don't really think I'm missing out on much by not watching violent movies...but my dislike of them coupled with his dislike of chick flicks really limits are movie viewing abilities.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

I would rather have a romantic movie anyday of the week.

Blessings,
Kristie

Mira said...

Hi! I am librarian as well! :)
Another thing we share is that I cannot watch realistic military movies either. I cannot watch Army Wifes! Lately, I cannot watch plane crash movies as well. LOL

Anonymous said...

i love the libary it is a place where peace comes...