Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Commissary Etiquette

I'm wondering about some aspects of commissary etiquette. Today, I was in an aisle where three seniors, two with carts and one with one of those electronic scooter things, were all facing the same direction. Then they rounded the bend into the next aisle over and I "passed them on the inside" because really I just wanted to get some olives and be on my way, and out of theirs.

What is the etiquette in this sort of situation? I've done it before...I feel bad, but I'm not cutting them off or pushing them out of the way. I just don't know.

I think another large part of it is that the commissary still weirds me out. I went there with Einstein a couple of times while we were engaged and felt like an interloper, and even though I now have a shiny tan ID that says I can shop there, I still don't like going on my own.

Which is pretty much my only option, right now. Is it bizarre that I find the commissary so uncomfortable? I hope I get used to it soon...

No comments: